This policy may be updated from time to time without notice and we encourage you to review this policy at intervals.
1. Why are we collecting your information?
During the course of conducting our business, we collect information in order to:
- ensure that content on our site is presented in the most effective manner
- monitor, develop and improve our products and services
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, with your consent
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so
- issue any required certificates
- notify you about any changes in our services
- administer our business
2. What information is being collected?
Data collected varies from activity to activity but might include:
- information that you provide by completing forms (e.g. your name, address, postcode, e-mail address, telephone number, occupation)
- technical information about your use of our services (e.g. details of your domain name, location and internet protocol [IP] address, operating system, browser version, the content you view, how long you stayed on a page)
- data collected through ‘cookies’ and/or other devices
- comments and feedback by individuals
- purchase and search history
- learning history and progress
- datasets and figures submitted to IMP
- other ad-hoc data to help us provide you with improved products and services (e.g. when we ask you to fill in a survey or questionnaire)
3. How is information being collected?
Some of our services require subscriptions and/or registration to access certain functions, services or content. By completing the appropriate form, you will know what information is being collected and provide the required details prior to submitting the application for the relevant subscription or registration.
We collect data relating to any transactions you carry out through our website(s) and in regard to the fulfilment of your orders. No personal financial information is kept by IMP e.g. credit card details. We collate data about registered users including which IMP publications and services they have subscribed to so that we can understand our customers, and efficiently fulfil their subscription requirements.
Once you start using our services, we may track and keep a record of the pages you visit. We collect these data from groups of users to get a sense of how people are using our sites and what content and services are most popular. This helps us improve what we offer on our sites.
Users of our online courses
In addition to and subject to other uses of your personal data that are set out in this document, the information that you add to your account, which might include the modules you have started/completed, and other such information, is considered private; however, our technicians might need to access this data to solve problems and for general maintenance.
We reserve the right to release anonymized and aggregated data to third parties (e.g. authors, supporters) related to the use of specific courses/modules. You are invited to give feedback at any time. This information is not visible to other users of the site and we will use it to improve our site and develop new content.
As you browse our websites, we collect information about your use of the site including but not limited to traffic data and location data. This will normally be the pages you have visited, how long you stay online and where you are located. If you do not register to complete courses or conduct other transactions, we will not be able to identify who you are from the information we store, but we will be able to identify where you are located.
Some IMP websites and online resources are designed specifically for use on mobile devices. By default, IMP tracks mobile usage metrics anonymously. Some mobile versions of IMP websites may require that you log in with your user account for that website. Some of our websites and online resources enable you to download an application, widget or other tool that you can use on your mobile or other computing device that may store information on your device. These tools may transmit personal information to IMP to enable you to access your user account and to enable IMP to track use of these tools. Some of these tools may enable you to e-mail reports and other information from the tool. IMP may use personal or non-identifiable information transmitted to IMP to enhance these tools, to develop new tools, for quality improvement and as otherwise described in this policy or in other notices IMP provides.
4. What else does IMP collect when you use one of our websites?
Each time you use the internet, an IP address is assigned to your computer or internet-capable device via the internet service provider. This number may either be the same or different each time you access the internet. Each time your computer or internet-capable device requests information from one of our websites, we log your IP address on our server. We may also log operating systems and browser types for the purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information. We may use this in order to gather information about the website traffic and usage.
Whether you are a registered user or not, our web server collects certain information including IP address, host names, domain name, time and date, the browser version and platform, a record of which pages have been requested and location data from your IP address. Location data may be necessary for us to ‘geo-block’ or regionalize our website content or services.
5. Automated profiling using your personal data
IMP does no automated profiling of personal data.
6. Sharing personal information
Other than as expressly agreed by you or stated when data is collected or stated within this policy, we will not disclose your personal data to any third parties other than:
- to third parties authorized by us such as our licensors and, contractors who must keep this data confidential and are GDPR-compliant
- as required for conferences such as to venue organizers or where you consent for an exhibitor or supporter to be scanned at a conference – in this case, your personal details may be supplied to them
- as required to enforce our legal rights (including property, safety, our customers or others) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- where our company or its assets (to which your data relates) are to be acquired by a new company, in which case location data may be shared
- Aggregated and anonymized usage statistics to third parties that do not reveal your identity or personal information
7. Cross border transfer of information
Your personal data is stored in our databases or those of our contractors and is only available to our technicians and selected authorized people on a password-protected basis. The data that we collect from you (or which you supply to us by e-mail or otherwise) may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside of the EEA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside of the EEA who work for us or are one of our licensed suppliers. IMP takes all necessary steps to ensure that personal information is protected and that destinations are GDPR-compliant.
8. How does IMP keep your personal information protected?
We will use appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your data. Access to your personal data will be restricted to only those who need to know that information and required to perform their job function. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of maintaining the confidentiality and security of your information.
As part of the protection process, you should not share your user name and password with other people. If a username/password is forgotten, we will e-mail the username and password details ONLY on request and to the e-mail address used to register the account.
9. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a website and are widely used to remember small amounts of information and give you a better experience using the website.
Certain cookies contain a limited amount of personal information. For example, if you click ‘remember me’ when logging in, a cookie will store your username. Most cookies will not collect information that personally identifies you, but collect more general information to help us analyse how well our website is performing overall so we can improve it.
IMP only uses session or temporary cookies, that is, those that are deleted once users close their browsers and automatically expire after 20 minutes of inactivity or log out of the system.
10. How does IMP protect the privacy of children?
IMP websites are not directed at children and the online services that we offer are designed for individuals of 18 years of age or older. Should IMP discover data belonging to anyone less that 18 years of age, it will be deleted immediately.
11. Your rights over your data
You have the right to make a written request to be informed whether or not we hold or process any of your personal information by emailing email@example.com. Your request might cover the following:
- we provide you with details of your personal information that we hold, the purpose for which it is processed, the recipients of such information and how we protect your data
- that we rectify any errors in your personal information
- deletion of your personal information
- right not to have data transferred to a third party
- cessation of marketing or contact from IMP
- lodge an objection to processing for purposes of scientific, historical research and statistics
Where local laws dictate, we will not use your personal information for marketing purposes, nor disclose your information to any third parties, unless we have your prior consent. You can prevent such use by letting us know either through the website or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
These may occur at any time and without notice. We will post a notice on our website if there have been significant changes.
14. Contact us
Calling: 44 (0) 207-398-0500
Or in writing to:
International Medical Press
76-78 Old St